Ever felt a moment that was just perfect? The one that you wish could last forever because you are so happy that your heart hurts? I can’t tell you how much I love these moments in life. I noticed that they sneak up on me on an average day, when my family and I are in the car and the sun is shining through the window, or when we’re all sitting on the couch watching a movie together. I could explode from all the peace I feel, I’m telling you.
This is why I love photography. It eternalizes the everyday perfect moment. Believe it or not, an image captures everything: the people, the surroundings, the emotions, the visible and the hidden. It can tell you the time of day, the temperature outside or the year that it was taken in (did I hear someone say mullet?). Capturing an image is like storing a fragment of life inside a box and taking a peek every once in a while to re-experience it. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is incredible.
Enough with the sap, here are 10 things you probably don’t know about me:
1. My favourite sweet in the world is Raffaello. Hardly anyone has ever heard of it but it’s like a party for your taste buds.
2. I LOVE to ski. I could do it forever.
3. Family means everything to me. Everything.
4. I am currently in University studying Biomedical Sciences. Yeah, I know.
5. In the fall, I would go slightly out of my way to step on a crunchy -looking leaf.
6. I bite my nails when I am stressed out.
7. I love to talk, but I also love to listen.
8. I know all the words to all the songs from The Lion King by heart.
9. I have an abnormal obsession with elephants. Maybe it’s a subconscious issue from my childhood, who knows?
10. Sometimes I just take an hour to sit and read quotes. There are so many that are incredibly inspiring.
I hope you enjoyed those 🙂